A career in a developing domain is one of the most sought-after people. Developers play a prominent role in developing good quality products with the desired output.
One of the most trending paths in development is Python development because of jobs, salary prospects, career growth opportunities, and much more.
📌 Table of contents
- What is Python?
- Who is a python developer?
- How to become a Python developer
- Skills to master to become a Python developer
- Roles and responsibilities of a Python developer
- Python jobs opportunities
- How long does it take to become a Python developer
- Is it easy to become a Python developer
What is Python?
Python is an object-oriented computer programming language which is used by developers across the globe for developing various web based applications such as websites, software, etc.
According to Python.org, “Python is a clear and powerful object-oriented programming language, comparable to Perl, Ruby, Scheme, or Java.”
Python can be used for various technology fields like data science, data visualization, AI, machine learning, and others.
Python developers are hired for multiple job profiles such as:
- Web development
- Data Analysis
- Web scraping
Who is a Python Developer?
A Python developer understands the Python language at a higher level and can complete any number of tasks, including unlimited data collection and analytics, preparation of scripts, database creation, web development, and design.
Even though many tech jobs, such as Software Engineer, Web Developer, Data Scientist, and Business Analyst, use Python extensively. To produce practical responses to queries and offer insightful information, a Python developer frequently works closely with data collecting and analytics.
How to become a Python developer
Step 1. Learn and implement the coding
There are a bunch of courses available on Youtube such as Code With Harry where he covers all basic and Advanced Python concepts within 15 to 20 hrs of time. There are also a bunch of other Youtube channels such as Freecodecamp, Code Basics, and Free Udemy courses also available on the Udemy Platform.
After learning free courses you should implement some basic projects and showcase that in the resume so that it might help you to get a job quickly.
Step 2. Work on Multiple Projects in different domains
As a newbie entering into the Python programming world he has to learn the art of coding and explore the new use cases which are used by various developers in the market and should be open to learning and exploring new scenarios and ideas to enhance the coding by writing the code in a few lines.
You need to be eager to learn and try new projects through various resources such as Udemy or any and should document the projects in Github to showcase the various skills acquired by developing various scenarios and many more.
Step 3. Enhancing Python skill set by learning various frameworks and libraries
To enhance as a Python developer in the market he should be experienced in learning various libraries in Python such as Numpy, Pandas, Scikit, Matplotlib, and many more.
You should also be open to learning the various frameworks such as Flask or Django to build website-related applications and many more.
Step 4. Accept various Projects through various freelancing platforms
To get experience in Python development as a developer you can work on various Python-related projects and showcase a good portfolio and online presence by developing some good projects related to trends in the market.
Freelancers or developers may also work as an intern for some companies to get hands-on experience as per the industry standards and work under some freelance clients to enhance their understanding of the technology.
To get freelance work opportunities, you can create your account on:
Top Skills to Master to Become a Python Developer
Python is used in academic research, machine learning, AI, web development, and scientific computing. Its prominence can be attributed to the data science community’s increasing acceptance of AI and ML. Machine learning technologies are used by businesses in sectors including education, healthcare, and finance to innovate their operations.
Businesses like Netflix, YouTube, Google, and many more use Python to make scripts, databases, and for other purposes. Spotify uses Python within its back-end services to give precise suggestions and playlists. In contrast, Dropbox employs Python scripts to develop its native applications for each platform (Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, etc.)
The skills for a Python developer may vary from business to business, here will discuss the top skills you can master to become a Python developer.
1. Technical Skills
To become a Python developer, you should know these skills because the skills mentioned below will give you the title of Python developer.
Here’s the list of technical skills to become a python developer:
- Frameworks for Python, such as Django, Flask, etc.
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and web frameworks.
- Basics of Python programming.
- Code deployment, release, and packaging as a Python developer.
- Gather knowledge of databases.
- Learn how to use conditionals and control statements.
- A solid understanding of relational object mapping is required.
- You should know server-side languages, including Mako and many more.
- You should be aware of Git, SVN, and other code versioning tools.
- A good command on HTML5, CSS3, and other front-end technologies.
- A solid understanding of Deep learning, version control, neural networking, and AI/ML is required.
- Data analytics, statistics, and data visualization.
- Be aware of executable design guidelines for a scalable application.
- Learn the construction of predictive models.
- You should know libraries such as Tensorflow and Scikit-learn.
- Solid understanding of the multi-process architecture.
- You should be familiar with the Object Relational Mapper libraries.
- Ability to integrate databases and numerous data sources into a single system.
- Strong testing and debugging capability for applications like Selenium, etc.
2. Soft Skills
For every job, you should have soft skills. Because if you do not have soft skills, you can not get much work in this competitive world. So there are some soft skills that you should have for a Python developer.
- Effective and cordial communication between teams, testers, designers, and users require good communication skills.
- Being able to see the big picture of organizational data conditions.
- Working together and with a team.
- The ability to develop clear, efficient, and required code.
- Project management, task organization, and time management.
- Solid project management and problem-solving abilities.
- Solid understanding of algorithms and logic building for making applications.
- Good command of problem-solving and data.
- The capacity to understand dangers before a situation arises and handle complicated technical problems.
- Originality, creativity, and the ability to think outside the box.
📌 Relevant read: Is Computer Science Oversaturated in 2022
Roles and Responsibilities of a Python Developer
A Python developer is responsible for various tasks such as coding, deploying, troubleshooting, and designing development projects. Usually, a Python developer works on the server side, also known as the backend. They also assist businesses to grow more by implementing Python libraries and frameworks.
A Python developer has various duties, such as building tools for a business to grow them, designing frameworks, application development, and providing some service to the client every day by implementing Python scripts.
Multiple companies can employ Python developers, or they can only work for one. Like most programming positions, the specifics of this position change depending on your employer’s requirements.
The responsibilities of a Python developer differ from business to business. The same thing can be used in these responsibilities is Python to develop or prepare any script.
As a result, a typical job description for a Python developer would include the following duties:
- Develop and produce successful websites and applications
- Embrace data storage integration
- Develop integrated systems
- Utilizing Python libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, etc.
- Building prediction models for characteristics with AI and ML.
- Creating web traffic monitoring digital tools
- Adapt and create AI/ML-based algorithms based on outcomes
- Following the newest trends and technologies
- Include user-facing components and take into account end-user needs.
- Increasing the functionality of existing software systems
- Configuring web applications using Python scripts
- Write Python code that is reusable, testable, and effective.
- Utilizing Python test framework features like Behave, Pytest, PyUnit, etc., for software testing and debugging.
All the above-mentioned roles and responsibilities are for Python developers. If you are ready to become a Python developer, you should know what responsibilities you will follow.
Becoming a Python developer is not an easy task. There are a lot of things that you need to focus on. Python developers have been taking on the difficulties of today’s digital world with their skills and capacities, from startups to large enterprises and from web development to automatic scripts.
📌 Relevant read: 9 Artificial Intelligence Branches and Specializations
Jobs opportunities for Python Developers in the market
1. Full stack development
Full stack development is a trending job in the market. Python is a more demanding important skill that is needed for full-stack developers.
Full stack development role requires a good knowledge of Python and implementing the logic through Python and developing the required products as per the requirement given by the client.
2. Data Analysis
Analyzing the data plays a prominent role which is more in demand in the market.
Python plays a prominent role in analyzing the data and should be willing to learn and implement the logic given by the client and should be active to learn the tasks, and should learn the basic knowledge of analyzing large data in the industry.
3. Data science
In data science for analyzing the data, building the models is a huge task.
Python plays a prominent role in all these tasks and one should be willing to learn and explore the language and should be confident in building the models using python as a framework.
4. Machine Learning
Machine learning is a technology where a bunch of algorithms and techniques are used to build the models.
Python plays a prominent role in analyzing the data and should be willing to learn the techniques and implement them as per the industry standard.
Automation is a demanding technology for python developers. For example, Python plays a prominent role in automating tasks and reducing time and effort and many more will be done through using frameworks and libraries which are in demand in the market.
How long does it take to become a Python developer?
To become a developer in general requires a lot of dedication to the language and one should be willing to learn the technology and explore the hands-on plays prominent.
Python developers should learn some of the basic concepts related to libraries and frameworks and should dedicate a minimum of 2 to 3 hrs of hands-on practice for a minimum of 6 to 8 months.
Is it Easy to become a Python developer?
Yes, it’s easy to become a Python developer by learning and implementing the logic and doing some hands-on projects and should be able to learn and explore the art of coding through working with clients freelancing, and many more.
In this article, I have listed out some of the advantages and roadmap to start the carrier journey as a Python developer and get a high package salary as per the industry standards. Feel free to share your experience and interest in learning Python as a side hustle and explore the market.